Perspectives of an Informed Prostate Cancer Survivor
Rabbi Ed Weinsberg, Ed.D., D.D., is a prostate cancer survivor, gerontologist, patient educator, and author of Conquer Prostate Cancer: How Medicine, Faith, Love and Sex Can Renew Your Life. Below are some sample interview questions for Rabbi Ed:
• How widespread is prostate cancer in the U.S. and around the world?
• Why is prostate cancer an issue for Baby Boomers as well as older generations?
• How does prostate cancer affect women?
• Can prostate cancer be prevented? What are the risks associated with getting localized prostate cancer?
• Can you really trust your doctor? What qualities should you look for in a doctor?
• Is there cause for hope? How are advances in medical technology and self-help techniques helping patients today?
• There are several types of prostate cancer treatment. What factors should patients consider in choosing the best treatment for them?
• What are the pros and cons of other common prostate cancer treatments?
• Why do you think that robotic surgery to remove a cancerous prostate is better than traditional open surgery?
• What's the best way to prepare for prostate cancer surgery? How can patients face and embrace surgery without fear?
• What are the best ways to reduce pain and stress?
• How have other prostate cancer patients and survivors coped with incontinence and impotence?
• Is there anything survivors can do to reduce the chance of a recurrence of prostate cancer?
• Why do you reveal intimate details about yourself and 19 other localized prostate cancer survivors in your book?
• How can family and friends help patients deal with prostate cancer?
• Where else can prostate cancer patients turn for help and support?